Leadership and Organizational Studies BAS (UW Oshkosh)
Employers today are looking for individuals who can step into leadership positions and quickly adapt to an ever changing work environment. The Center for New Learning s Bachelor of Applied Studies (BAS) degree programs are designed for adult learners who have earned an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree from a Wisconsin Technical College (WTCS).
Students in the Leadership and Organizational Studies (LOS) program will advance their career potential by demonstrating effective management skills and capabilities through:
- Leadership applications and best practices
- Organizational theory
- Strategic, tactical and operational planning and implementation
- Interpersonal communication
- Conflict resolution, negotiation and arbitration skills
- Project management
- Research and analysis
The LOS program builds on the applied skills gained through a technical college degree by adding a theoretical background, as well as communication and problem-solving skills.
A block of 45 credits will be awarded to those with an approved technical degree, plus applicable general education courses. Click the link to view a list of approved technical degrees. Most students transfer approximately 60 credits to UW Oshkosh. Please contact an advisor to find out how to apply your credits to this program.
Courses are available online or face-to-face at:
- Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton
- Fox Valley Technical College in Waupaca
- Moraine Park Technical College in Beaver Dam
- Moraine Park Technical College in Fond du Lac
- Moraine Park Technical College in West Bend
- UW-Washington County in West Bend
Total credits required for completion: 120
Applying to the Center for New Learning is different than applying for college when you graduate from high school. So, if you've misplaced your ACT scores or you've missed the regular University of Wisconsin Oshkosh application deadlines don't worry!
Apply online, using the University of Wisconsin System application is quick and easy. If you have any questions through the application process, please contact one of our advisors for help.
Send the following items to:
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
P.O. Box 2423 Oshkosh, WI 54903-2423
- $44 check payable to University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (Please note: You do not need to send this fee if your last school attended was a University of Wisconsin System two-year college OR if you previously attended University of Wisconsin Oshkosh and have not attended another college/university since you left.)
- Official transcripts from each college/university you previously attended. If you previously attended the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, send official transcripts from any other colleges/universities you attended. (Please note: You may need to send a written request and/or payment of a fee before a college or university will mail your official transcripts.)
Once accepted, you will receive an official acceptance letter from the Center for New Learning. You are encouraged to meet with your advisor for an orientation session.